I’m going back to Blogger. It’s just easier to maintain. So please change your bookmarks and visit me there! Thanks!
I just wanted to pop on here to help promote the contest over at Harmony in Motion. She is giving away a Plantinum Edition, 2-Disc Special Edition DVD of Cinderella! Who wouldn’t love that??? So stop by and enter! Good luck!
On another onote, I am thinking of reviving my blog. So check back soon! (I know, I keep saying that. But I really mean it!)🙂
Click the link below to enter a contest to win a Betty Crocker GF Cake/Cookie/Brownie Mix package! We have tried the cake and cookie mixes and they are really yummy!🙂
Becki gave me a reason to write today. I needed something to get my blog going once again, so thanks Becki! Ok, here we go…..
8 THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO:
- Scott finishing school in 6 months
- Me starting school in September
- Scott getting a new, much better job
- Us moving into our own house
- Our JDRF Walk in October (Threw that one in there. Hey! We need donations!)
- Seeing my family in CA
- Taking the girls to the American Girl Store in Chicago
- New medical insurance so we can finally get the CGMS for Hayleigh
8 THINGS I DID YESTERDAY:
- Made GF blueberry muffins
- Scanned 103 old pictures to share with Stephen
- Played “Beauty Salon” with the girls. They put a banana clip in my hair. Seriously. We have one!
- Went to Michael’s to try and find a Princess cake pan for Allie’s birthday. They didn’t have one.😦
- Tried (and am STILL trying) to learn how to Smudge Paint in Photoshop
- Went for our late nightly walk with Scott and Roxy
8 THINGS I WISH I COULD DO:
- Find a cure for Type 1 (and Celiac and HHT)
- Get people to understand what Type 1 is all about so I can stop hearing stupid comments
- Go home (to AZ)
- Eat whatever I want without gaining weight
- Go on a Disney Cruise with Scott and the kids
- See my family in CA NOW!
- Take much better photos
- Be able to focus on things
8 SHOWS I WATCH:
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Desperate Houswives
- Army Wives
- Friends reruns
- Golden Girls reruns (no laughing please)
- Phineas and Ferb (With the kids. Yeah. That’s right. With the kids.)
- Little House on the Prairie
- I love Lucy
8 FAVORITE FOODS:
- My moms lasagna
- My moms chicken casserole
- My moms Jello Cake
- Grilled chicken Caesar salad
- Spinach Artichoke dip from Red Robin
- Whiskey River BBQ wrap from Red Robin
- MIL’s Strawberry Cake
- FIL’s Turkey Dressing
8 PLACES I’D LIKE TO TRAVEL:
- CA to see my family
- OH, PA and WI to see 3 of my favorite friends
- AZ to stay there
8 PEOPLE I’VE TAGGED:
I’ve been neglecting my blog for months now but every day something happens and I think “I should blog about that!”
I haven’t, though, but now I want to start again. So, I will be trying to revive my blog with some interesting stories soon. So stick with me! (If anyone is still here. lol)
“Mommy I pooped!” I heard Allie yell from the bathroom. I didn’t even know she had went in there let alone went potty by herself. But she did!
I never thought hearing those words would bring tears to my eyes. But when you are on day 4 of potty training an extremely stubborn 2 year old, those words can definitely make you emotional.
She has been doing extremely well with it. Much better than I thought she would be at this point. We have been able to go places with her not wearing a diaper and she’ll tell me if she has to go while we are out. This is much easier than I thought it would be.
Today we are going to Target to get her some new “big girls underwear”. This is definitely an exciting day for both of us.
Now to work on that darn pacifier habit…..
Once again I waited too long and missed out on something great. A couple of months back I found out about a conference that I really wanted to go to. It was a 3 day conference in Chicago. I would have no problem getting there. However, I would have an issue paying the $300 it costs to attend.
A couple of weeks ago a friend told me about a scholarship I could apply for. If chosen, my family and I could attend the conference for free! All I had to do was fill out a questionnaire telling about our family, what we have done to help in the diabetes community and why we deserved the scholarship. THIS was something I could do.
But I got busy. Busy with Drs. appointments. Busy with the kids and school. Busy signing up for college. Just busy. And I put it off.
Then I realized that the deadline was coming up. In TWO days. So, Scott and I got to work on it and we did a pretty good job. I thought it was good enough to at least be considered. So we got it ready to go. We also needed to attach our 2007 tax forms. No problem. And our 2007 W2. Darn it. PROBLEM!
Because we just moved here a few weeks ago, 90% of our stuff is in storage. And somehwere in that big storage room is a box. And somewhere in that box is Scott’s 2007 W2.
We just didn’t have time to go look. By the time I realized where it was, we would have had hours to find it and get the paperwork in the mail to be postmarked by March 15th. So, it didn’t happen.
Sadly, right now, an extra $300 is not in our budget to go to this conference. Even more upsetting is this is the last year they will be in Chicago for a few years at least.
So, lesson learned. I need to get it together and give myself a little more time to do things. I have been a procrastinator my entire life. So that’s a habit that will be hard to break. But I will work on it.